Drama Camp 2021 is full. Thank you for your interest.
Please plan to join us at our performances on October 1st and 2nd!
If you have questions about a registration that you have already mailed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In 2005, Fort Wayne Area Home Schools partnered with the Academy of Arts, a drama ministry founded in 1971 and based in South Carolina, to produce a full length, homeschool only, drama. Since then, we have held week long drama camps every year. Ministry teams spend this week with our homeschool students, instilling in them the belief that professionally produced drama can effectively teach and reach a community. They are firmly committed to Biblical principles and a conservative worldview and many area homeschoolers can testify to the impact this ministry has had in their lives.
In 2021, we re-formed our group under all for One productions, a Fort Wayne based drama ministry with the mission to “impact our culture for God through the arts.” We are very thankful for their partnership and support to continue this great homeschool opportunity. You can find out more about all for One productions at their website.
Please read the following information carefully as you consider enrolling your student for this unique opportunity.
If your student participates in drama camp, he/she must:
- Attend all auditions, sessions, rehearsals, and performances. Please ensure beforehand that there are no conflicts in your schedule.
- Be prepared to work hard. The schedule can be fairly grueling. Be sure to keep the maturity of your younger children in mind when registering. Elementary students are not involved in learning about makeup, props, sets, etc. and often there is a lot of time spent sitting still, not talking to your neighbor and being patient. If this is a challenge for your child, consider giving them one more year of maturity.
- Registration is open until audition day or until full.
- Attendance is mandatory for all auditions, rehearsals, and performances. Be sure there are no conflicts in your schedule.
- Ages 6-12th grade.
- Elementary musical and a Jr / Sr High School play.
- Cost is $185 for High School and $135 for Elementary. Prices for more than 2 children are discounted significantly.
- If a family has more than two students, costs are as follows: full price for two oldest students, discount rate for every student thereafter.
- FWAHS generously offers a limited number of $50 scholarships. There is a limit of two per family and they are intended for those families truly in need. They are awarded on a “first come, first serve” basis. Please contact Shawn or Carrie Sollenberger at email@example.com for details about this scholarship. You must act immediately as applying for a scholarship does NOT hold your place if the camp becomes full.
- Donations help defray our cost. Information on how you can help will be provided at the parent meeting that will be held during auditions.
- DO NOT call the church for information. They graciously allow us to use their facility but have no specifics about drama camp or its operation. If you have questions, email them to Barb Powers at firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information about the Academy of Arts, visit their website at www.theacademyofarts.org.
- You can also visit our Facebook Page to view pictures of past performances and receive updates about our drama camps.